Upper End of Willamette Falls Locks, After 1890 Flood


Upper End of Willamette Falls Locks, After 1890 Flood - Crawford

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields


At first glance this photo shows little sign of the devastating 1890 flood, but a closer look shows damage and rebuilding efforts on both sides of the river. We're looking downstream from the West Linn side towards the old suspension bridge. Detail view 1 reveals several construction projects on the west bank, while detail view 2 shows some of the damage to buildings on the east side. What cannot be seen are several smaller buildings that used to occupy the ledge in front of the damaged building, which were washed away in the flood.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon. Original courtesy of the Clackamas County Historical Society.

Additional Information

Item Number CC0106
Photographer James G. Crawford
Location Oregon City, West Linn, Willamette Falls, Clackamas County
Subject Construction, Locks, Mills and Factory Buildings, Waterfalls
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Boudoir Card
Size of Original 4.1 x 7.6 inches
Photographer's Number Number 234