Lithia Springs Hotel, in Ashland - c. 1926

$25.00

Lithia Springs Hotel, in Ashland - Frank Patterson

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

When the luxurious nine-story Lithia Springs Hotel opened on July 1, 1925, it was the tallest building between Portland and San Francisco. Its location in the southern-most city in Oregon made it an ideal place to stop for Portland residents travelling south or Californians coming north.

After 70 eventful years, it was closed in 1997. But in 1998 it was sold to Doug and Becky Newman, who did a complete restoration and reopened it in December of 2000. Now known as the Ashland Springs Hotel, it is a member of Historic Hotels of America, and offers its classic hybrid of gothic and beaux-arts architecture as a welcoming environment for visitors to southern Oregon.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA1274
Photographer Frank Patterson
Location Arlington, Jackson County
Subject Hotels, Town Views
Decade 1920s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Glass Negative
Size of Original 4.8 x 6.5 inches
Photographer's Number Number 9X010