Charman Brothers Block, Oregon City - c. 1895


Charman Brothers Block, Oregon City

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields


Built in 1889 by brothers T. L. and Elmer E. Charman, the Charman Bros. Block was for years the grand building of Main Street in Oregon City. In this detailed early view we see the building hosting Livermore's Hotel, the offices of Burney and Draper - Attorneys, and the City Drug Store. We can also enjoy several groups of people gathered in front, including the hotel kitchen staff and the seemingly ever-present clump of boys with their dogs. By 1896 Livermore's Hotel had become known as the "Electric Hotel", and continued under that name into the mid-twentieth century. The Charman Block itself survived until it was brought down by the wrecking ball in 1980. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0367
Photographer Unknown
Location Oregon City, Clackamas County
Subject Office Buildings, Town Views
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Larger Print
Size of Original 9.0 x 11.9 inches
Photographer's Number No