The Bridge to Oregon City - c. 1905

$30.00

The Bridge to Oregon City detail view 2

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

Looking across the suspension bridge towards Oregon City. Mrs. Mary Beck of Oregon City stands in the foreground. This bridge was built in 1888, and was the first suspension bridge west of the Mississippi. When it was designed, cars and trucks and had not yet been invented, and the structure was not stable enough to handle them moving at faster than a walk; hence the warning sign shown in detail view 1.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon. Original courtesy of the Clackamas County Historical Society.

Additional Information

Item Number CC0101
Photographer Unknown
103 Oregon City, West Linn, Clackamas County
Subject Bridges and Trestles
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Copy Negative
Size of Original 2.3 x 3.2 inches
Photographer's Number No