Tunnel No. 3, East Side - c. 1885


Tunnel No. 3, East Side - Crawford

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields


An early three-wheel handcar emerges from the east end of O. R. & N. Tunnel No. 3, below Rooster Rock on the Columbia Gorge. This tunnel was known as the tour-de-force for the Oregon Railway and Navigation Company when it was completed in 1881. Over 500 feet long, it had been blasted through the bluffs with fifty thousand pounds of dynamite. Now where did that young girl come from? -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0052
Photographer James G. Crawford
Location Columbia Gorge, Multnomah County
Subject Trains, Railroads, Streetcars
Decade 1880s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Boudoir Card
Size of Original 4.0 x 7.8 inches
Photographer's Number No