Rebuilding After the 1890 Flood, Willamette Falls


Rebuilding After the 1890 Flood, Willamette Falls - Crawford

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields


The large flood of 1890 caused extensive damage to structures on both sides of the Willamette River at the Falls. In the foreground we see workers rebuilding the almost new mills on the west side. On the far side, to the left can be seen a partially destroyed building. To its right, seen better in detail view 2, is the steamboat "Three Sisters", left high and dry by the flood.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon. Original courtesy of the Clackamas County Historical Society.

Additional Information

Item Number CC0102
Photographer James G. Crawford
Location Oregon City, West Linn, Willamette Falls, Clackamas County
Subject Construction, Floods, Mills and Factory Buildings, Ships and Boats, Waterfalls
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Boudoir Card
Size of Original 4.0 x 7.2 inches
Photographer's Number Number 235