Looking East Down Main Street, Medford - 1888

$25.00

Looking East Down 7th Street, Medford - David C. Herrin

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

We're looking down 7th Street (now called Main Street) across the decorative railing for the railroad depot, built in 1884, in the middle of the street. (It made sense at the time.) The depot was used until it was replaced in 1900.

Conveniently located nearby is the Riddle House, a hotel which operated from 1886 to 1888. It was later known as the Grand Hotel, the Nash Hotel, and the Allen Hotel. Behind the Riddle House, the other large brick building is the Hamlin Block, which can also be seen in Related Items below.

In detail view 2, an interesting small detail is a man writing grafitti on a store wall, which was often done at the time as a way to pass messages and comments. (Thanks to Ben Truwe for pointing this out.)

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA1308
Photographer David C. Herrin
Location Medford, Jackson County
Subject Hotels, Town Views
Decade 1880s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Boudoir Card
Size of Original 4.3 x 7.8 inches
Photographer's Number No

Related Items

Hamlin Block, SW Corner of Main & Central, Medford - 1888

Hamlin Block, SW Corner of Main & Central, Medford - 1888