Hamlin Block, SW Corner of Main & Central, Medford - 1888

$25.00

Hamlin Block, SW Corner of Main & Central, Medford  - David C. Herrin

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

Medford began in 1883 when the Oregon & California Railroad arrived, and four property owners deeded parts of their land for a depot and surrounding town. A number of buildings were erected in 1884, including the Palmer-Medynski building on the left (which still stands today).

The Hamlin Block is the larger building, on the right, completed in 1886, as can be seen in relief at the top of its elaborate face. Its tenants included Miller & Strang Drugs and Hardware, as well as the Post Office. (See detail view 1.) See Related Views below for another view of the Hamlin Block, behind Riddle House.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA1307
Photographer David C. Herrin
Location Medford, Jackson County
Subject Buildings, Office Buildings, Retail Stores, Town Views
Decade 1880s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Boudoir Card
Size of Original 4.5 x 7.8 inches
Photographer's Number No

Related Items

Looking East Down Main Street, Medford - 1888

Looking East Down Main Street, Medford - 1888