Blacksmith Shop at 4th and Main, Oregon City - circa 1905

$25.00

Blacksmith Shop at 4th and Main, Oregon City

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

Brothers Owen G. Thomas (at the forge) and Everet Thomas (at the right) are identified on our original photo by arrows. The previous owner locates the shop at 4th and Main, and indeed, a Sanborn insurance map from 1900 shows a blacksmith shop on 4th, on the same block as the Charman Brothers Block / Electric Hotel.

At that time, small businesses and even some residences still extended past 5th into what we now know as the mill area. Some smaller businesses on the bluff side of Main were even located south of 3rd Street, including the McLoughlin House, then known as the Cliff House Boarding House and Hotel.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA1318
Photographer Unknown
Location Oregon City, Clackamas County
Subject Blacksmiths
Decade 1900s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Medium-size Print
Size of Original 5.0 x 7.0 inches
Photographer's Number No