A Walk to Canemah, West Side Mills in Background - 1895


A Walk to Canemah, West Side Mills in Background

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields


A large group of Willamette Falls area young people stop for a photo on a Sunday afternoon, on a walk to Canemah. They were probably going to visit the park at the end of the trolley line.

This was seven years after the suspension bridge was built to the west side, and six years after paper mills were opened beside Willamette Falls Locks. Those mills can be seen in the background, along with the power poles that provided electricity to the trolley from the falls through the town of Willamette to the Tualatin River.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon from the original glass negative, courtesy of the Clackamas County Historical Society.

Additional Information

Item Number CC0171
Photographer Unknown
Location Oregon City, West Linn, Clackamas County
Subject Group Portraits, Mills and Factory Buildings, Mills and Manufacturing, Town Views
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Glass Negative
Size of Original 4.9 x 7.4 inches
Photographer's Number Number 304