This view is reproduced from a boudoir card published by Isaac G. Davidson in about 1880, a few years after the locks were opened. The locks themselves are not a lot different than they are today. While there are no industrial buildings on the West Linn side, it appears that several residences are sited there for the lock keepers and their families. The town of Canemah can be seen on the far side of the Willamette River, as well as some mill structures in the upper end of Oregon City at the falls. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.
|Photographer||Isaac G. Davidson|
|Location||West Linn, Willamette Falls, Clackamas County|
|Print Maker||Old Oregon|
|Original Type||Boudoir Card|
|Size of Original||4.8 x 8.1 inches|
|Photographer's Number||Number 9|