Waterfront at Newport - c. 1910

$25.00

Waterfront at Newport

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

The ferry "Newport" was built in 1908 and its steam engine replaced by a gasoline engine in 1914, which narrows the possible dates for this photo. Here we see the same view experienced by ferry passengers as they approached the docks, including the bath house shown in detail view 1. These ferry travelers had probably come from Yaquina City, located a few miles east of Newport, where they transferred from the end of the railroad line there.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0975
Photographer Unknown
103 Newport, Oregon Coast, Lincoln County
Subject Docks and Harbors, Ships and Boats, Town Views
Decade 1910s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Postcard
Size of Original 3.4 x 5.4 inches
Photographer's Number No