W. H. Jones Cigar Store, The Dalles - c. 1895

$25.00

W. H. Jones Cigar Store, The Dalles

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

Three doors down First Street from the Baldwin Saloon was the W. H. Jones Cigar Store, which boasted an impressive selection of fine cigars, as is apparent from this photo. The fact that this was not the only cigar store in The Dalles in 1895 tells us that there were a lot of cigar smokers at that time. Four clerks stand ready to serve their numerous customers. Lighting is provided by both kerosene and electricity; electric lights had come to The Dalles in the late 1880s. Today, the Baldwin Saloon has been restored and once again offers beverages and meals. Cigar smokers, however, will no longer find the the W. H. Jones store down the block. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0378
Photographer Unknown
103 The Dalles, Wasco County
Subject Building Interiors, Stores
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Boudoir Card
Size of Original 4.5 x 7.4 inches
Photographer's Number No