University of Oregon Medical School Campus - c. 1930

$25.00

University of Oregon Medical School Campus

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

This early aerial photo shows the U of O Medical School on Marquam Hill, along with great views of the Willamette River and the city of Portland in the background. After moving in 1919 from downtown Portland to the top of what's now known as "Pill Hill", the medical school added buildings for the Multnomah County Hospital and Doernbecher Children's Hospital, among others. The current 116-acre Marquam Hill campus got its start with a 20-acre tract donated by the Oregon-Washington Railroad and Navigation Company, and an 88-acre tract donated by the family of C.S. Jackson, former publisher of the Oregon Journal. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0687
Photographer Unknown
103 Portland, Multnomah County
Subject Hospitals, Nursing / Healthcare, Schools, Town Views
Decade 1930s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Postcard
Size of Original 2.9 x 3.7 inches
Photographer's Number No