Troops Drilling on Parade Grounds, Vancouver Barracks - 1907

$25.00

Troops Drilling on Parade Grounds, Vancouver Barracks

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

A wide-format view of troops drilling at Vancouver Barracks, in the early part of the twentieth century. The East and South Barracks had just been built, increasing the housing at this Army military installation begun in 1850. Built uphill from the original British Fort Vancouver, the U. S. installation co-existed with the British trading post until 1860, when the British abandoned their post. It was closed as an active Army base in 1946, and the main barracks shown here were transferred to the National Park Service in 1996. The East and South Barracks, however, continued to be used by the Army Reserve. In 2010, the Army announced they will transfer ownership of their last remaining buildings to the National Park Service by 2011. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0453
Photographer Unknown
103 Washington State
Subject Military, Military Buildings
Decade 1900s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Postcard
Size of Original 2.8 x 5.3 inches
Photographer's Number No