Tillamook Rock & Lighthouse from the Left - c. 1885

$25.00

Tillamook Rock & Lighthouse from the Left - Crow

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

This crisp view of the Tillamook lighthouse was taken shortly after it opened in 1881 by Samuel B. Crow, then an Astoria photographer. Born in Oregon in 1853, Crow may have been Oregon's first native-born photographer. Beginning his career in Coquille in Coos County in 1876, he practiced in Astoria from 1884 to 1893, before moving on to Portland. He finished his long career in Port Townsend, where in 1916 he was advertising "Baby Photos: Our Specialty". -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0118
Photographer Samuel B. Crow
Location Oregon Coast, Tillamook County
Subject Lighthouses, Ocean, Rock Formations
Decade 1880s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Boudoir Card
Size of Original 4.6 x 7.9 inches
Photographer's Number No