The Lipman, Wolfe & Co. Wagon Stops on 12th Street - c. 1905

$25.00

The Lipman, Wolfe & Co. Wagon Stops on 12th Street - Indahl

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

Lipman, Wolfe & Company was founded in Sacramento in 1850 by Arthur Wolfe and his uncle Solomon Lipman. In 1880 Wolfe moved his mercantile business to Portland. Because of expansion needs and floods, the store moved several times. When this photo of their delivery wagon was taken, they occupied the Dekum Building at Third and Washington. This view at 12th and Burnside was about a mile away. We are looking north on 12th Avenue, across Burnside. The large building to the left is the Weinhard Brewery. In 1912, Lipman's built their flagship store at Fifth and Washington, which today is the home of the Hotel Monaco. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0370
Photographer Olaf Indahl
Location Portland, Multnomah County
Subject Town Views
Decade 1900s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Copy Negative
Size of Original 4.8 x 6.8 inches
Photographer's Number No