The Community Gathers at Marmot School, East of Sandy - c 1885

$25.00

The Community Gathers at Marmot School, East of Sandy - Adolph Aschoff

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

Students, parents, teachers and interested locals gather at the new Marmot School, located east of Sandy along the Barlow Trail. The town of Marmot was named by Adolph Aschoff, to whom we attribute the original glass negative we used to restore this image. He had settled near Marmot in about 1883.

Staff at the Sandy Historical Society have tentatively identified the man on the left as Richard Ten Eyck, another early settler in the area.

While hard to see through the Old Oregon watermark in detail view 1, it's interesting to note that three of the children are barefoot.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon from the original glass negative, courtesy of Ed Green.

Additional Information

Item Number AA1227
Photographer Adolph Aschoff
Location Marmot, Clackamas County
Subject Group Portraits, Schools
Decade 1880s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Glass Negative
Size of Original 4.5 x 7.5 inches
Photographer's Number No