Suspension Bridge, Oregon City - c. 1890

$25.00

Suspension Bridge, Oregon City - Crawford

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

The first Oregon City bridge was built in 1888, a few years before this photo. Some folks criticized it a "the bridge to nowhere", as the area on the West Linn side of the river was so sparsely populated. Note the sign in detail view 2. A huge fine (for its day) of $25 was levied for driving or riding faster than a walk across the bridge. A glimpse of the Clackamas County Courthouse on the far shore tells us this photograph was taken from the West Linn side. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0733
Photographer James G. Crawford
Location Oregon City, West Linn, Willamette Falls, Clackamas County
Subject No
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Stereoview Panel
Size of Original 2.9 x 3.1 inches
Photographer's Number Number 62