This group portrait of the logging crew at Camp 2 includes some other important people - the camp cook and several assistants. Located near Rainier, the Yeon and Pelton camp was one of the largest logging operations at the turn of the last century, employing over 150 year-round. John B. Yeon, known in Portland for the Yeon building, sold the company in late 1905 to the Portland Lumber Company. According to the Rainier Review, he "shipped his automobile to Portland... on the 'T. J. Potter,' and he left on the train the same day for a business visit to the city." -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.
|Photographer||H. C. Nelson|
|Print Maker||Old Oregon|
|Original Type||Medium-size Print|
|Size of Original||4.0 x 5.1 inches|