Sternwheelers Altona and Latona at 8th St. Dock, Oregon City - c. 1895

$30.00

Sternwheelers Latona and Altona at 8th St. Dock, Oregon City - Eddy

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

The sternwheeler steamboat Altona was built in 1890 and operated on the Willamette River until 1907, when it was transferred to Alaska. Seen here at Oregon City, below the old courthouse. The Altona was owned by The Oregon City Transportation Company, which had the habit of giving their boats names ending in -ona: Latona, Ramona, Altona, Leona, Pomona, Oregona, and Grahamona. (The last was named after the company owners, the Graham family.) There were two docks in Oregon City - the 8th St. Dock and the 4th St. Dock, near the mills.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon from the original negative, courtesy of the Clackamas County Historical Society.

Additional Information

Item Number CC0050
Photographer Unknown
Location Oregon City, Clackamas County
Subject Docks and Harbors, Ships and Boats
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Glass Negative
Size of Original 4.8 x 7.4 inches
Photographer's Number No