Steamer Altona at 8th Street Dock, Oregon City - 1888

$30.00

Steamer Altona at 8th Street Dock, Oregon City

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

This image gives us a good side view of the Altona, the 8th Street Dock, and the Clackamas County Courthouse in the background. The Altona was built for the Graham steamboat line, originally called the Oregon City Transportation Company; hence the "O.C.T.C." painted on the roof of the dock building. All their boats had names ending in "-ona'; Latona, Ramona, Altona, Leona, Pomona, Oregona, and Grahamona.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon. Original courtesy of the Clackamas County Historical Society.

Additional Information

Item Number CC0114
Photographer Unknown
Location Oregon City, Clackamas County
Subject Docks and Harbors, Ships and Boats
Decade 1880s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Copy Negative
Size of Original 2.3 x 3.1 inches
Photographer's Number No