Station B Electric Plant, Willamette Falls - c. 1895

$30.00

Station B Electric Plant, Willamette Falls

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

This image shows Station B shortly after it was opened in 1895. It first supplemented, and soon replaced, Station A on the other side of the river, to help meet Portland's growing demand for electricity. Within a few years Station B was enlarged to the footprint we see today. Views of this smaller initial building are thus hard to find. Today the plant is one of the oldest operating electric plants in the county, and is named of T. W. Sullivan, its designer.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon. Original courtesy of the Clackamas County Historical Society.

Additional Information

Item Number CC0107
Photographer Unknown
103 West Linn, Willamette Falls, Clackamas County
Subject Mills and Factory Buildings, Water and Power Projects
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Copy Negative
Size of Original 1.9 x 2.9 inches
Photographer's Number No