Station A and Crown Paper Co. at Willamette Falls - c. 1895

$25.00

Station A and Crown Paper Co. at Willamette Falls - Prier

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

This highly detailed photo by Oregon City photographer Richard Prier features the Station A power station on the Oregon City side, and the newly opened Crown Paper Company on the West Linn side of Willamette Falls. Station A was the site of the first long-distance transmission of alternating current electricity in the U.S., sending its power to Portland beginning in June of 1889. The Crown Paper Company was one of two paper companies begun on the west side of the falls in the late 1880s - the other being the Willamette Pulp and Paper Company. In 1914 the two would merge to form Crown Willamette Paper Company, the predecessor of today's West Linn Paper Company. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0590
Photographer Richard Prier
103 Oregon City, West Linn, Willamette Falls, Clackamas County
Subject No
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Boudoir Card
Size of Original 4.2 x 6.6 inches
Photographer's Number No