Stage Stopping at Fort Klamath Indian Agency - c. 1908

$25.00

Stage Stopping at Fort Klamath Indian Agency - Tibbitts

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

The original Klamath Indian Agency was located about two miles from Fort Klamath, and was thus sometimes referred to as "Fort Klamath Indian Agency", which was the title Howard Tibbitts gave to this photograph. The Agency included two schools and a sawmill. Ponderosa Pine lumber from the sawmill was used to build Fort Klamath, and soldiers stationed at the Fort helped build roads that served both the Fort and the Agency.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA1104
Photographer Howard C. Tibbitts
Location Klamath County
Subject Horses, Mules and Oxen, Military Buildings, Native Americans, Roads and Highways
Decade 1900s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Larger Print
Size of Original 7.6 x 9.6 inches
Photographer's Number Number 3934