Revenue Hotel, Sandy, Oregon - Circa 1879

$25.00

Revenue Hotel, Sandy, Oregon - Adolph Aschoff

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

John H. Revenue and his father Francis built this hotel in 1874. It was the first hotel in Sandy, Oregon, which had received its first post office, and its name, the previous year.

The hotel was located along what is now Pioneer Boulevard, at the corner of Shelley Avenue. In the early 1900s the Shelleys bought the building and moved it to the other side of the block on Proctor Boulevard, where they used it as a family home. In 1936 it became the Dew Drop Inn, which was a community fixture for 30 years until it was torn down in 1967.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon from the original glass negative, courtesy of Ed Green.

Additional Information

Item Number AA1229
Photographer Adolph Aschoff
Location Sandy, Clackamas County
Subject Hotels
Decade 1870s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Glass Negative
Size of Original 4.6 x 7.7 inches
Photographer's Number No

Related Items

Earliest Known Photo of Sandy, Oregon - c. 1879

Earliest Known Photo of Sandy, Oregon - c. 1879