The Morrison Bridge was Portland's first bridge across the Willamette, completed in 1887, about a year before this photo was created. At its opening, it was the longest bridge west of the Mississippi. It was considered a wooden swing-span structure, though it appears some steel may have used in the span that opened (see detail view 2). It was replaced in 1905 by a second swing-span bridge, which was itself replaced by the current Morrison Bridge in 1958.
-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.
|Photographer||Isaac G. Davidson|
|Location||Portland, Multnomah County|
|Subject||Bridges and Trestles, Rivers and Streams|
|Print Maker||Old Oregon|
|Original Type||Boudoir Card|
|Size of Original||4.6 x 8.1 inches|