Plaza from Park Entrance, Ashland - 1932

$30.00

Plaza from Park Entrance, Ashland - Eddy

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

Ashland Plaza, next to Lithia Park and Ashland Creek, has been the center of town life here for over one hundred and fifty years. This view is from a mere eighty years ago. The plaza got its start when Abel Helman, who owned Ashland Mills near what is now the entrance of Lithia Park, donated twelve building sites around his mill to create a central business district. The plaza still thrives today, while the the mill site has become the 93 acre urban Lithia Park.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon from the original negative, courtesy of the Clackamas County Historical Society.

Additional Information

Item Number CC0040
Photographer Ralph Eddy
103 Ashland, Jackson County
Subject Town Views
Decade 1930s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Original Negative
Size of Original 4.6 x 6.6 inches
Photographer's Number Number 341

Related Items

Looking East Across Ashland Plaza Towards Hotel Ashland - c. 1935

Looking East Across Ashland Plaza Towards Hotel Ashland - c. 1935