Overview of Klamath Falls - c. 1910

$25.00

Overview of Klamath Falls - M. S. Stewart Co.

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

Between 1900 and 1910 the population of Klamath Falls exploded - from less than 500 to over 2,500. This view shows the result of that increase. Much of the growth was due to The Klamath Reclamation Project, begun in 1906 to drain marshland and provide irrigation for agriculture. With the building of the main "A" Canal, water was first made available May 22, 1907. In this photo we are looking east across the town, with the outlet of the Link River into Lake Ewauna near the center of the scene. The Link River Bridge is visible at the left, and the High School stands near the upper left. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0500
Photographer M. S. Stewart Company
103 Klamath Falls, Klamath County
Subject Town Views
Decade 1910s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Glass Slide (Magic Lantern)
Size of Original 2.3 x 2.9 inches
Photographer's Number No