This rural-looking scene is likely somewhere in east Multnomah County, along the line of the O. W. P. & Ry. Company, a name that lasted for only four years in the early 1900s. In 1902, the O. W. P. & Ry. purchased the existing electric rail line from Portland to Oregon City, with thoughts of expansion. Indeed, in 1903 service was extended to Gresham, and in 1905 to Troutdale, all on non-electrified trackage. In 1906, the lines came under the control of PGE and the Portland Railroad Company. While there are no electrical lines for the closest track, a close look at detail view 1 shows what appears to be power lines for the tracks next to the buildings. This location may have used a combination of steam and electrical locomotives. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.
|Subject||Logging, Trains, Railroads, Streetcars|
|Print Maker||Old Oregon|
|Original Type||Glass Negative|
|Size of Original||4.9 x 6.7 inches|