Oregon Iron & Steel Co. Engine No. 2 - c. 1905

$25.00

Oregon Iron & Steel Co. Engine No. 2

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

This narrow gauge engine was used to bring ore down from the mine to the smelter in Oswego, and after the mine closed, to push pipe from the foundry to the main line. The men are all identified. In the cab is Gus Kiser, who came to Oswego in 1889 as a boy. In the center is Walt Waldorff, and on the right is Dan Monroe. Note the rod extending from the cab to the steam whistle, which probably saw a lot of use. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon. Original courtesy of Lake Oswego Public Library.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0619
Photographer Unknown
103 Lake Oswego, Clackamas County
Subject Trains, Railroads, Streetcars
Decade 1900s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Boudoir Card
Size of Original 4.6 x 7.7 inches
Photographer's Number No