Oregon City Suspension Bridge - c. 1900

$25.00

Oregon City Suspension Bridge - Ford

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

In addition to displaying many details of the bridge, this photo by Ford also shows the river side of some of Oregon City's downtown buildings. The bridge was the first suspension bridge west of the Mississippi, completed in 1888. It carried foot traffic, carriages and electric lines. Note in detail view 1 the stern warning against going too fast, and also an ad for Sherman Williams Paint ("Covers Best, Wears Longest").

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA1031
Photographer John F. Ford
Location Oregon City, Willamette River, Clackamas County
Subject Bridges and Trestles, Town Views
Decade 1900s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Larger Print
Size of Original 6.0 x 8.1 inches
Photographer's Number Number 173