Oregon City Suspension Bridge - c. 1900

$25.00

Oregon City Suspension Bridge - Watson

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

This view looking downstream on the Willamette River below the falls reveals the striking design of the first Oregon City bridge, built in 1888. The crossbars along the top hold electric lights, powered by generators at the falls. While this bridge worked perfectly well for pedestrians and horse-drawn vehicles, it was never designed for gasoline-powered cars and trucks, and was replaced by the current arched bridge in 1923. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0537
Photographer O. W. Watson
103 Oregon City, West Linn, Willamette Falls, Clackamas County
Subject Rivers and Streams
Decade 1900s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Stereoview Panel
Size of Original 3.0 x 3.2 inches
Photographer's Number Number 118