Oregon City Suspension Bridge - c. 1890

$30.00

Oregon City Suspension Bridge

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

This highly detailed view, restored from the original glass negative, shows the first suspension bridge west of the Mississippi, completed in 1888. Detail view 1 reveals not only a horse and wagon and stacks of shake shingles, but also some of the buildings in the distance. Detail view 2 shows us more of the design of the bridge. It was mostly wood, except for the cables and the stone foundations for the two piers.

-- -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon from the original negative, courtesy of the Clackamas County Historical Society.

Additional Information

Item Number CC0087
Photographer Unknown
Location Oregon City, West Linn, Willamette River, Clackamas County
Subject Bridges and Trestles
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Glass Negative
Size of Original 4.9 x 7.9 inches
Photographer's Number No