Oregon Caves Resort, Old Chalet - c. 1925

$25.00

Oregon Caves Resort, Old Chalet - Patterson

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

This view shows the "Old Chalet" at the Oregon Caves, built in the mid 1920s by a group of Grants Pass businessmen, under a permit issued by the U. S. Forest Service. Designed by Arthur L. Peck of the Oregon Agricultural College, the building featured "alpine-type" architecture, and utilized Port Orford cedar bark for its siding. The open archway in the center covered the trail that led to the cave entrance, and up the existing dry ravine. The Old Chalet stood only until 1942, when it was replaced by the much larger New Chalet. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0451
Photographer Frank Patterson
Location No
Subject Hotels, Hotels
Decade 1920s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Postcard
Size of Original 3.4 x 5.4 inches
Photographer's Number Number 213