Oregon Agricultural College Experiment Station - c. 1890

$25.00

Oregon Agricultural College Experiment Station - Crawford

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

The Oregon Agricultural Experiment Station was established in 1888, funded by the Hatch Act of 1887, which provided funds for experiment stations at land-grant colleges in each state and territory. This photo of its first building was taken by James G. Crawford in about 1890 as part of a series of views of public buildings in the central Willamette Valley. The experiment station's first director was Edward Grimm, an agricultural chemist. Today, Oregon Agricultural College is Oregon State University. In the beginning, the experiment station consisted of this single laboratory and the college farm, 35 acres of land donated by citizens of Benton County on what is now the lower OSU campus. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0247
Photographer James G. Crawford
Location Corvallis, Benton County
Subject Schools
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Stereoview Panel
Size of Original 3.0 x 3.2 inches
Photographer's Number Number 158