Newly Completed Clackamas County Courthouse - 1884

$25.00

Newly Completed Clackamas County Courthouse - Abell

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

This photo shows Clackamas County's second courthouse, built in 1884, before landscaping was completed. It also gives us an early view of the surrounding area in Oregon City. Clackamas County's first courthouse was completed in 1850, but burned in 1862. For the next twenty years court business was conducted in a series of rented spaces. The second courthouse was itself replaced in 1937 by the current Art Deco building, located in the same location. Looking towards the river, we can see almost exclusively wooden buildings surrounding the new courthouse - many of them still residential. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0263
Photographer Frank G. Abell
Location Oregon City, Clackamas County
Subject Government Buildings, Town Views
Decade 1880s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Stereoview Panel
Size of Original 3.3 x 3.7 inches
Photographer's Number Number 21