Navy Ships Along the Waterfront, Portland - 1936

$30.00

Navy Ships Along the Waterfront, Portland - Eddy

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

Navy ships pause near the Portland Public Market in August, 1936. Opened in late 1933, it was at the time the world's largest public and farmer's market. While it's easy to assume we are in Rose Festival season, this photo was actually taken a few months later. The Portland Public Market was an ambitious undertaking, and never really achieved profitability. In 1948 the building became the production facility for the Oregon Journal newspaper. In 1969 it was demolished to make way for Waterfront Park.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon from the original negative, courtesy of the Clackamas County Historical Society.

Additional Information

Item Number CC0018
Photographer Ralph Eddy
103 Portland, Multnomah County
Subject Docks and Harbors, Ships and Boats, Town Views
Decade 1930s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Original Negative
Size of Original 4.6 x 6.5 inches
Photographer's Number Number 214