Mechanical Hall, Oregon Agricultural College - c. 1890

$25.00

Mechanical Hall, Oregon Agricultural College - Crawford

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

The original Mechanical Hall and water tower at Oregon Agricultural College, now Oregon State University, was opened in 1889. This photo was taken about 1890 by James G. Crawford as part of a series of views of public buildings in the Corvallis and Salem areas. Unfortunately, this building didn't last long, succumbing to fire in 1898. The Mechanical Hall that replaced it was renamed John T. Apperson Hall in 1917, in honor of an Oregon pioneer who was also a college benefactor. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0248
Photographer James G. Crawford
Location Corvallis, Benton County
Subject Schools
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Stereoview Panel
Size of Original 3.0 x 3.2 inches
Photographer's Number No