McLoughlin House After its move to the Bluffs - 1934

$25.00

The McLoughlin House After its move to the Bluffs - HABS

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

The John McLoughlin House was one of the first buildings documented by the Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS), which included this photo taken in 1934. McLoughlin built this house in 1846, after retiring from the Hudson Bay Company, and lived in it with his family until his death in 1857. Originally located near the woolen mills along the river, the house was moved to the bluffs by local citizens in 1909, and opened as a museum the following year. This view shows it 25 years after the move up the hill, 75 years before now. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0236
Photographer Historic American Buildings Survey
Location Oregon City, Clackamas County
Subject Houses
Decade 1930s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Copy Negative
Size of Original 5.5 x 7.8 inches
Photographer's Number Number HABS ORE 3-ORGCI,1-1