Marion County Court House, Salem - circa 1904

$25.00

Marion County Court House, Salem - Cronise Studio

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

An architectural historian once described Marion County's ornate 1873 Courthouse as a wedding cake. It stood until 1952 when it was torn down and replaced with a more modern, utilitarian building.

The post office behind it was built about 1902, and moved in 1938 to 12th and State Street on the campus of Willamette University, where it is now known as Gatke Hall. The state capitol behind it was built in 1876 and burned in 1935. The church to the right of the Court House is United Methodist on State Street - the one of these four still in its original location.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA1251
Photographer Cronise Studio
Location Salem, Marion County
Subject Government Buildings, Town Views
Decade 1900s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Medium-size Print
Size of Original 6.5 x 8.3 inches
Photographer's Number No