Link River at Klamath Falls - c. 1910

$25.00

Link River at Klamath Falls - M.S. Stewart Co.

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

The Link River flowing through the town of Klamath Falls is one of the shortest rivers you'll find. Roughly one mile long, it flows from Klamath Lake to Lake Ewauna. The town itself received its name from the river - twice. Originally named Linkville, the town's name was changed to Klamath Falls in 1893, referring to the falls found on this short stretch of river. This view looks upstream from near the mouth of the river at Lake Ewauna. Visible in the background is the early steel Link River bridge, replaced by the current concrete bridge in 1931. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0499
Photographer M. S. Stewart Company
103 Klamath Falls, Klamath County
Subject Rivers and Streams, Town Views
Decade 1910s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Glass Slide (Magic Lantern)
Size of Original 2.1 x 3.0 inches
Photographer's Number No