L. Adams Department Store, Oregon City - c. 1912

$25.00

L. Adams Department Store, Oregon City

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

If it looks like a church, that's because the building started out as a the Methodist Episcopal Church. The Oregon City M.E. Church's first building, built in 1843, was moved in 1857 to 7th and Main, the location of this photo. In 1890 it was moved again to the back of the lot, and a new church building replaced it along Main Street. Then in 1903 the property became valuable enough that the entire church building was raised up, and a store built under it. The sanctuary was then on the second floor. That's the version you see here. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0226
Photographer Unknown
103 Oregon City, Clackamas County
Subject Stores
Decade 1910s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Postcard
Size of Original 3.1 x 5.4 inches
Photographer's Number No