John Goldade's Willamette Garage - c. 1930

$25.00

John Goldade's Willamette Garage

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

John Goldade and his wife purchased this service station at 7th Avenue and 12th Street in 1927. Originally owned by Herman and Mike Peter, it was Willamette's first service station when they opened it in 1920. It had only one gas pump, but offered full service, including tires and towing. From his signs we can see that Goldade offered a choice of motor oils, including Pennzoil, HyVis, and Lion Head. His gasoline brand was Violet Ray, distributed by General Petroleum Co., a Californian subsidiary of Standard Oil. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0163
Photographer Unknown
Location West Linn, Clackamas County
Subject Gas Stations, Garages
Decade 1930s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Snapshot
Size of Original 3.2 x 5.1 inches
Photographer's Number No