Irvington Streetcar Number 122 - c. 1910

$25.00

Irvington Streetcar Number 122 - Indahl

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

Electric streetcars first took to the streets in Portland in 1889. By the teens, there were 28 streetcar and interurban lines in the Portland area. The Irvington car shown, like most at the time, was built by the American Car Company, a subsidiary of the Brill Company in St. Louis, Missouri. It was a PAYE (pay as you enter) car. The conductor is Lattie Clinton, brother-in-law of photographer Olaf Indahl. While the original real photo postcard is not attributed, family lore states that Indahl created the photo. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0422
Photographer Olaf Indahl
103 Portland, Multnomah County
Subject Trains, Railroads, Streetcars
Decade 1910s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Postcard
Size of Original 3.4 x 5.4 inches
Photographer's Number No