Interior of Station B Power Plant, Willamette Falls - 1896

$30.00

Interior of Station B Power Plant, Willamette Falls

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

This detailed view of Station B was created shortly after its completion in 1895. Station B was the second power plant at Willamette Falls, and is now the oldest operating hydro plant west of the Mississippi, and the third oldest in the country. Detail view 2 shows a nameplate of of the three-phase generators - one of which still exists today. In Detail view 1, we believe the man on the left is T. W. Sullivan, who designed the plant, and for whom the plant was renamed in 1953.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon from the original negative, courtesy of the Clackamas County Historical Society.

Additional Information

Item Number CC0079
Photographer Unknown
103 West Linn, Willamette Falls, Clackamas County
Subject Building Interiors, Mills and Manufacturing, Water and Power Projects
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Glass Negative
Size of Original 3.7 x 4.7 inches
Photographer's Number No