Hotel Bill, Cannon Beach - c. 1907

$30.00

Hotel Bill, Cannon Beach - Bartels

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

Yes, the Hotel Bill was named after someone named Bill, but it was his last name - not his first name. It was constructed by George Bill in 1904, from logs that washed ashore from one of Simon Benson's cigar-shaped log rafts. Later purchased by D. A. and Edna Osburn, it was operated as the Cannon Beach Hotel. In 1944 it was sold to the McNeills who created the Cannon Beach Conference Center.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon from the original negative, courtesy of the Clackamas County Historical Society.

Additional Information

Item Number CC0123
Photographer Harry F. Bartels
Location Cannon Beach, Oregon Coast, Clatsop County
Subject Hotels
Decade 1900s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Glass Negative
Size of Original 4.9 x 6.8 inches
Photographer's Number Number 308