Henry Gans' Grocery, Oswego - c. 1890

$25.00

Henry Gans' Grocery, Oswego

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

Henry Gans and his family gather outside their dry goods and grocery store on the south side of McVey Avenue, near Bickner Street. Left to right are: Henry Gans, Rose Gans, Clara Gans, Mary Bickner, Lillian Gans, and Doctor Sullivan, who appears to have dropped by in his carriage on an errand. Several years after this photo was taken, the store was purchased by Joseph Bickner, who ran it with his five sons until 1914. The Bickners also opened a second store in 1903 in First Addition, on the other side of the lake. Note Rose's wonderful doll carriage in detail view 2. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon. Original courtesy of Lake Oswego Public Library.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0602
Photographer Unknown
Location Lake Oswego, Clackamas County
Subject Group Portraits, Stores
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Boudoir Card
Size of Original 4.3 x 7.6 inches
Photographer's Number No