The Harvest Queen, a large sternwheeler at 200 feet long, was often used as a tug to tow ocean-going sailing ships up and down the Columbia River. Built in 1878, she was dismantled in 1899, a couple years after this photo was taken. The Glenelvan, a three-masted ship, was even longer than the Harvest Queen. Built in 1895 for the grain trade, she was 265 feet long and could carry 3200 tons of cargo.
-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.
|Subject||Ships and Boats|
|Print Maker||Old Oregon|
|Original Type||Cabinet Card|
|Size of Original||No|