Government Camp Hotel, Mt. Hood - c. 1925

$25.00

Government Camp Hotel, Mt. Hood

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

Built in 1910 as an expansion to the original 1899 Mountain View House seen to its right, the Government Camp Hotel was for years the main source of lodging for visitors to Mount Hood. When the new building was constructed by Elijah Coleman, the name for the complex was changed to Government Camp Hotel. The larger building shown here could accommodate fifty guests. Unfortunately, fire was a constant risk to the old wooden hotels, and this one was no exception, burning down on October 11, 1933. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0365
Photographer Unknown
103 Government Camp, Mount Hood, Clackamas County
Subject Hotels, Hotels, Mountains
Decade 1920s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Postcard
Size of Original 3.2 x 5.2 inches
Photographer's Number Number 78